Lockdown Learnings

A mandatory lockdown post...


Lessons learnt, discoveries made, courses corrected, myths debunked, fears dispelled- lockdown you did so much for me. 

No, I did not take up an online course but learnt a few lessons in tolerance and patience. I learnt how to function with limited resources. I learnt how a few bags of nervous systems can live together in perfect harmony with strategically placed keep-quiets and speak-ups. I learnt how we can still continue with the journey despite a lot of by-passes being blocked. I learnt how we can still function like a well-oiled machine with a few dependencies going kaput.

I discovered that I had so much in my kitchen and my wardrobes. I discovered the uses of so many spices I didn’t know the names of. I discovered that I had a hidden love for board games and storytelling. I discovered that I had too much that I didn’t want. I also discovered that I can cook after all.

I corrected my path, I changed my course. I now know where I need to be heading. I now know that I was following the wrong path, a longer one while the greener shorter pagdandi was right in front of me.

I realised that need to go out is a myth, that need to bring food from outside is a myth, that need to visit a mall for small things is a myth, that needing an assemblage of ingredients to dish out a decent meal is a myth. That my hair can never grow long is also a myth.

My fear of the kitchen dispelled, I realised I can cook. My fear of mopping, scrubbing and cleaning is gone as I now know the correct uses of various cleaning agents. My fear of dusting is gone, it ain’t no rocket science. My fear of disappointing them all with all that I do is gone, they like and eat what I cook :)

If it weren’t for you, O lockdown! I would still have continued with so many anxieties, insecurities and doubts all along.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of daddies and awkward expression of emotions

Chasing the Elusive Sun